Absentee Hotline: 610-351-5900 Extension 24711
Main Office: 610-351-5830
- Keeping in Touch
- School Supplies
- Interested in Volunteering?
- School Hours
- Student Arrival and Dismissal
- Absentee Reporting Procedures
- Students who arrive late or leave early
- 2018-2019 Elementary Lunch Prices
- Lunch Money
- Administration of Medication
Every teacher has a website that provides information about their classrooms. To access the teacher websites, go to the Directory tab and click on the teacher’s website under their directory information.
School Messenger (for rapid communication) allows for automated call messages and emails to phone numbers and email addresses the parent or guardian has provided to the District. To receive text messages, parents must opt-in by texting the word “yes” to 67587. To view or change this contact information, parents need to submit a Student Update Form within Home Access Center (HAC). You will need your Home Access Center login and password to submit a Student Update Form. Both can be found on the Home Access Center welcome letter which you should have received before school started. You may also contact our main office to make the change.
Weekly e-Communication Every week throughout the school year, we will send an email with updates on Schnecksville School news and happenings! Please be sure to check the Weekly Update tab on this website. This is where we post important information, PTO news, upcoming events, and need-to-know school handouts. Please call the main office at 610-351-5830 if you are not receiving our weekly emails.
Twitter - Look for Schnecksville Elementary School on Twitter @sv_sharks. You can also check it out at Schnecksville News on our website home page!
You must have completed your Volunteer Clearances to volunteer for any school events, such as parties and field trips. Clearances are good for 5 years. If you completed them last year, there is no need to do it again at this time. For more information on volunteer clearances, click on the Parents tab then on the Elementary Links & Forms.
Students are encouraged to use bus transportation provided by the district. If a student is driven to school, the designated parent drop-off location for the school must be utilized. Parents may not park in the bus loop. The parent drop-off and pick-up location is at the Main Entrance (by the flagpole). Students may start entering the building at 8:35 am. Students who arrive after 8:50 am are considered tardy and must be signed in by a parent or designated guardian.
Absentee Hotline 610-351-5900, ext. 24711
If your child is going to be late or absent, please call the absentee hotline by 9:00 am to report the absence. If you do not call or provide a written excuse, the absence is considered unlawful/unexcused. Homework requests may also be left with the message. Parents must complete a Vacation/Emergency Permit for any planned or extended student absence from school. A week’s notice must be given to complete homework for an absence of three days or more. This form is available from the school office and on Elementary Links & Forms under the Parents tab.
Any student who arrives late to school (after 8:50 am) or leaves early (before 3:30 pm) from school must have a parent sign them in or out and that person may be required to show identification. Please note that parents are not to enter the main building due to security reasons, unless requested to do so by the school office. A written request from the parent is necessary for a student to leave school early. These requests should be given to the classroom teacher in the morning. Upon the parent’s arrival, the child will then be called from class to meet their parent in the lobby. Whenever possible, please avoid changes to a student’s dismissal plan once the school day has begun. In all cases, students will be released only to their custodial parent unless written or verbal permission from the custodial parent is received to do otherwise. That person may be required to show identification.
Lunch money may be deposited to your child’s account in two ways:
1) You may send cash or checks (payable to the “PSD Cafeteria Account”), placed in an envelope clearly marked with the student’s first and last name and the teacher’s name. This should be sent to school with your child. If a parent would like to deposit money into more than one child’s account, the envelope should clearly indicate the amount to be deposited into each account. Students may place their envelope in the box in the cafeteria as they arrive at school or give it to the classroom teacher.
2) You may also deposit money to your child’s account through http://www.myschoolbucks.com using a VISA® or MasterCard®.
3) To apply for Free or Reduced Lunch, click here: https://www.schoolcafe.com/
If you have questions, please refer to the PSD Food Services by clicking the Parent tab then the First Week of School Web Portal.
The school nurse will administer medications to students during the school day with parental and/or physician permission when necessary. Parents must complete a “Medical Authorization Form” before any medication can be dispensed at school. In addition, parents are required to bring the medication to school. Medication should not be sent to school with a student. These procedures are mandatory to ensure the proper and safe administration of medications. For more information, click on the About tab then click Health Room.
For more information about Elementary School, please continue to look through our website. There is a lot of information for you here!
- The Parkland School District Calendar (including Schnecksville Elementary events)
- The Weekly Updates tab contains our weekly e-communication and all the links and info sent that week.
- The Students tab contains information and links that are especially useful for our students.
- The Parents tab contains the link to the PTO and to other useful Elementary links, forms and Parent Resources.
Of course, you may also contact the Schnecksville main office at 610-351-5830 with questions or concerns